Chapter 9:Essay Questions
Please choose ONE of the following questions to answer in an essay form.
The criteria for an acceptable essay must include: a topic sentence, three
supporting arguments with examples and a conclusion. The outline below
may be used during the quiz but only the outline.
- What do you think people today can learn from the long-term results
of the Treaty of Versailles? Give three arguments and examples.
- Describe three weaknesses of the Treaty of Versailles.
- In what ways was WWI different from earlier wars in which the United
States had been involved? 3 reasons.
- What was the purpose of the Espionage and Sedition Acts passed by
Congress in 1917 and 1918? Do you think these laws were a good idea
at the time? Why or why not?
- How did the United States government expand its power during WWI?
What were the benefits and drawbacks of these actions?