From examining your PLAN Student Report and working through the Career Exploration and Planning Steps, you should have a better sense of your
- Academic strengths
- Academic areas that need improvement
- Career interests
- Training requirements
- Appropriate high school coursework
- After completing the PLAN Career Exploration and Planning Steps, look back at your Educational Planning Profile on the front of this Student Report
- In comparing your planned coursework with the recommended coursework, keep some important things in mind:
1. Try to take at least the minimum recommended coursework to enter an occupation that interests you.
2. Plan your courses to include as many as possible that relate to the occupations you have explored, especially if your interest or goal is very strong or definite. For example, if you are quite set on majoring in engineering, you should take as many math courses as possible in high school.
3. On the other hand, donít avoid a course just because it is not directly related to an occupation you are considering. You may discover a whole new area of interest.